martes, 5 de agosto de 2008

August 3rd. Burbank.







Another Sunday on the road, well at our Burbank camp. A stroll around the hood to pick up our contribution to this evening’s bar-b-que and time for a lunchtime pint and an excellent bowl of soup in ‘Ye Rustic Tavern’ although I do miss my Sunday paper. It was time for the bar-b. Huy had prepared a selection of food, tacos, salads and vegetable kebabs. He’d also made a demi-john of mojito which was dangerously pleasant. As usual, we got to mingle with the natives, a great mix of Huy and his girlfriend’s friends. Sunday night is cinema night and one of the things on the list was to go to see ‘Dark Knight’ in Hollywood. Willy and myself set off to the ‘Vista’ cinema, a beautiful, restored building from the golden age of cinema. I have a major problem about cinemas, comfy chairs, controlled temperature and near darkness just sends me to sleep and this was no exception, so I dozed and snored through a box-office mega-hit, with the occasional dig in the ribs from Willy.

No hay comentarios: